Wireless Internet Access
Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Agreement for Wireless Internet Access
This Agreement governs the terms for the service provided and use of wireless Internet access (“Service’) at Graham County Hospital [GCH]. You should carefully read this Agreement before clicking the “I Agree” button and proceeding with the use of the Service. You must accept this Agreement each time you use the Service. You agree to be bound by all the terms and conditions outlined in this Agreement.
Access to the Service
GCH owns the network providing the Service and reserves all rights to the Services. As long as you comply at all times with the terms of this Agreement, GCH will provide you with high-speed, wireless Internet access within the designated areas of the hospital only. GCH imposes certain restrictions on your permissible use of the Service. Your access to the Service may be blocked or terminated at any time for any reason including, but not limited to, violation of this Agreement, actions that may lead to liability for GCH, and violation of applicable laws or regulations.
Acceptable Use of the Service
Your access to the Service is conditioned on legal and appropriate use of the Service. You are expected to abide by all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. You are prohibited from engaging in prohibited activities as described below. The following activities are prohibited activities:
- Attempting to penetrate GCH security measures to obtain unauthorized access into GCH networked systems
- Attempting to disrupt the Service through pinging, flooding, or by launching denial of service attacks
- Testing or collecting information on the security measures of the Service through the use of information gathering tools such as port scans
- Using “packet sniffers” or any other hardware or software that intercepts and/or monitors the network traffic
- Accessing another party’s information systems illegally or without authorization.
- Distributing any type of malicious code including but not limited to viruses, worms, or phishing emails
- Distributing or accessing obscene or indecent materials
Note: GCH may block the connection to certain, inappropriate websites. However, the ability to connect with a specific website does not in itself imply that it is permitted.
- Initiating and/or participating in any type of illegal activity
Note: GCH will notify and fully cooperate with law enforcement if it becomes aware of any use of the Service in any connection with child pornography or the solicitation of sex with minors.
- Distributing emails, text messages, electronic files via the Service that contain sexual comments, images, racial slurs, gender specific comments or any comments that would offend someone on the basis of his or her age, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, national origin, or disability
- Using the Service to transmit, post, upload, or otherwise making available harassing, abusive, or threatening material that encourages bodily harm, destruction of property or harasses another
- Violating GCH patient privacy and their right to confidentiality
No Expectation of Privacy
For purposes of managing the Service, troubleshooting problems, and enforcing the terms of this Agreement, GCH staff may periodically monitor your activities while using the Service. Your personal privacy is not guaranteed when using any public wireless network including the Service
GCH is providing the Service to you “As is” without warranty of any kind. You assume the risk of any and all damage or loss from use of, or inability to use, the service. You acknowledge that:
- The Service may not be error-free and the Service may not be available on occasion
- GCH cannot guarantee the security of the Service:
- Malicious code (viruses or worms) may penetrate through the Service’s security defenses
- Unauthorized third parties may access your computer or files or otherwise monitor your connection primarily based upon the configuration of your computer
- GCH has no control over, and no liability for any third-party websites or materials
- GCH reserves the right to terminate your access to the Service immediately, with or without notice to you, and without liability to you
- GCH may, in its sole discretion and without prior notice:
- Revise this Agreement
- Modify the Service
- Discontinue offering the Service at any time
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless GCH for all of your acts and omissions and from any claim, liability, loss, damage, cost, or expense arising out of your use of the Service.
Under no circumstances will GCH, its officers, directors, employees, agents, and affiliates be liable for any resulting damages (indirect, special, punitive or incidental) based on claims of the users of the Service.
Choice of Law
This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Kansas, without reference to its rules regarding conflicts of law.
This Agreement constitutes the complete and entire statement of all terms, conditions and representations of the Agreement between you and GCH and supersedes all prior writings, understanding, or agreements. By using the Service you acknowledge that you have read this Agreement and agree to be bound by them.